I am an eighteen year old degree student living in the capital city of Maldives, a tiny country filled with Robinson Cruesoe islands. I have always had an interest in fashion, and I started this blog in the Late October 2009 as a journey of finding my style, and to blog about my passion.
I started wearing the veil the day I turned fifteen, because I have always wanted to wear it. It was a form of self expression, a way of life, and so since then, I have been incorporating my very girly and preppy style in my outfits and trying to find a good balance between being fully covered and being stylish.
I usually use this blog to talk about hijabi fashion, and how to use the pieces available and try to make a hijab friendly outfit. I have several weekly segments in my blog such as
- Budget Fashionista, showing a great but inexpensive outfit,
- Celeb Style, incorporating the fashion and style of your favorite movie stars and yet making it modest and covered
- 5 Ways, using one item of clothing and styling it in five different way thus to create a working wardrobe which is filled with essential and no excess items.
- Runway Hijab, making runway outfits hijab appropriate.
- and other posts such as reviewing my favorite runway shows, giving product reviews and daily outfit posts.
When I started it, I wanted it to be more like a magazine featuring articles and things that would help people to make better choices in choosing good outfits, and a general happy and fabulous living.
Thanks to Amber for organizing this, and to Shums for nominating my blog.
If you like my blog, I hope you would vote for me.
Also you can visit my blog here